Sunday, 17 January 2016
Arms Deal Scandal: Jonathan Is Trying To Establish Contact With NSA.
would be ready to grant former president Goodluck
Jonathan audience if he sought to make clarifications in view
of the revelations coming from the EFCC's probe of the
multi-million dollar arms procurement scandal perpetrated
under his administration.
The Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity,
Mr. Femi Adesina who stated this in an interview on
Saturday, further said because of Buhari's belief in decency
and civility, he would not shut out his predecessors, even if
some people had done so in the past.
Adesina said, "A former President should always have access
to a sitting one. It would be uncouth and indecent to shut
out a former occupant of such lofty office. If some people
did it to their predecessors in the past, it is not this
President who believes in decency and civility.
"Yes, President Buhari will always grant audience to former
President Jonathan, if there is any request for such. A rebuff
does not come into the picture at all."
Meanwhile, a top government official who spoke on the
condition of anonymity said that the former President had
tried to reach out to the National Security Adviser, Babagana
The source, however, said he did not know if Jonathan had
succeeded in establishing a contact.
"I know that the former President has been trying to reach
the NSA. Whether he has succeeded, I do not know. You can
ask the NSA himself," he said.
It was the NSA, on the orders of the President, who
constituted the committee that has audited the procurement
of arms and equipment in the Armed Forces and Defence
sector from 2007 to 2015.
Most of the information in public domain on the arms
scandal is from the findings of the committee, which has
submitted two preliminary reports so far.
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone, powered by Easyblaze