Latest Posts

Rhapsody of Realities: He's the son of God indeed



Monday, February 27th, 2017  

Pastor Chris 

…he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father? (John 14:8-9).
There're still many who don't know who Jesus really is; to them, He's a great religious leader. But Jesus isn't a mere religious leader or reformist; He's Himself God. You have to study the Word of God to discover this. In John 5:39, He said, 'search the Scriptures, for they testify of me.' The Scriptures testify of Jesus as Deity; He's co-equal with God. John 1:1 says, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." This is talking about Jesus; He's the living and incarnate Word. 

A certain preacher told the story of a professor who came to his church on a Sunday morning. After the sermon, the professor came to greet him, and he asked the professor, "I hope you enjoyed the service?" The professor replied, "Yes I did, but I don't really believe the things you preached." Surprised, the preacher asked, "Which amongst the things I said was difficult for you to accept?" "Well, about everything," replied the professor. 

Then the preacher said to him, "Go and study the Bible for yourself; after you've read through, come back and let's discuss." The man took the Bible home and spent several weeks reading the Scriptures. After reading from Genesis to Revelation, he made an appointment to see the Pastor again. When they met this time, before the Pastor could say anything, the professor submitted: "Pastor, Jesus Christ is God!" 

The Professor continued, "You told me to study the Bible for myself, and I've done that. I studied from Genesis to Revelation; my finding is what I'm giving you: Jesus Christ is God." He found out the truth. Glory to God! Jesus said, "I and my Father are one" (John 10:30). In our opening verse, He said, "If you have seen me, you have seen the Father." He's one with the Father; that's the meaning of "Son of God." 

Son of God doesn't just mean somebody born of God; it means one with His nature. You've got to come to that point in your life where you recognise that Jesus is Himself God. The Bible declares that the fullness of the Godhead dwells in Him bodily; (Colossians 1:19, 2:9) He's the complete embodiment of Deity. Hallelujah!

PRAYER  
Dear Lord Jesus, I worship and extol your majesty, for you're the great King; the Monarch of the universe; the mighty God. I adore you for who you are; the sum total of the divine perfection, powers, and attributes dwell in you permanently. I'm forever grateful to be born with your nature, and life in my spirit; I worship you for this awesome privilege. Hallelujah!

FURTHER STUDY:  
John 1:1-5 
1. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 
2. The same was in the beginning with God. 
3. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. 
4. In him was life; and the life was the light of men. 
5. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.  

Matthew 16:15-17 
15. He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? 
16. And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. 
17. And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed [it] unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven. 

 John 20:27-29 
27. Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust [it] into my side: and be not faithless, but believing. 
28. And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God. 
29. Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed [are] they that have not seen, and [yet] have believed.  

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING:  
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 8:14-26, Numbers 3-4

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 18:12-20, Exodus 8  

SPECIAL GIFT FOR YOU! 
Get inspired by clicking on this link: http://bit.ly/2dWQ0pd to Download your copy of Rhapsody of Realities Daily Devotional and please SHARE with Friends... IT'S FREE

No comments